Entertainment : Limited to Indian Entertainment Industry also called Bollywood (visual arts, movies)
Big B : Amitabh Bachchan elder son of Harivansh Rai, he graduated in Arts from Delhi University.
ซีรี่ย์จีน in October of 1942 once the British rule was starting out lose power in India, Big B is close to 65 years in age.
For the first time Big B appeared in Saat Hindustani, the movie itself would not accomplish that well at box office, but Mr Bachchan would not throw in the towel. Soon his few films Zanzeer and Deewar did perfectly as well as that period there were no looking back. Well enough time seemed to be changing for Indian Entertainment Industry, where there was a slow drift from romantic movies to action movies. At this time in mid 70’s Big B was the 1st person to become acknowledged as “the angry young man” of Indian cinema, while his predecessors of people times such as Rajesh Khanna, Sanjeev Kumar and Dharmendra accustomed to play more off romantic roles. In Late 80’s Big was mounted on his name and he was popularly referred to as Big B thereafter.
Turning point for Mr Bachchan his career : Zanjeer (1973). This movie gave him acclaim and made him a superstar.
Mr Bachchan injured himself badly through the shooting of a film Coolie. Well he’d been extremely lucky to find a way by it. He returned using a big bang and Coolie was obviously a super duper hit of all times. So far Mr Bachchan has played in over 70 movies.
All time favorite from Big B
1. Deewar, Suhaag
2. Muqaddar Ka Sikander
3. Namak Halal
5. Amar Akber Anthony
Some from the famous dialogues from Big B’s movies
1. Aisa to Aadmi Life mein Doich time bhaagta hai. Olympic ka race ho, yaa Police ka case ho. Tum kisliye bhaagta hai bhai? – Amar Akbar Anthony
2. Jigar ka dard upar se kahin maloom hota hai (?), Jigar ka dard upar se nahin maloom hota hai. – Sharaabi
3. Muchain hon to Nathulal jaise hon, warna na hon. – Sharabi
4. Hum jaha pe khade ho jaate hein, line wahi se shuru hoti hai. – Kaaliya
5. Sooryavansh ek aag hai jisme doston ke liye jitni joyti hai, dushmanon ke liye utni hi juala. Bhoon dalo is kambaqt ko. – Sooryavansham
Rare Flops from Big B
2. Reshma Aur Shera
Today also Big B is one from the most busy actors in Bollywood, where roles are specially being written to suit him. Even his recently launched movies like Baghban (2003) and Khakhee (2004), shows how easily he is able to breathe life into every single role he plays.